Check out our map of the state of the race for City Council. Click the wards to see who has registered where. The map is accurate as of 8am this morning.Purple: no incumbent registered
Pink: incumbent registered
Teal: open/new ward without an incumbent registered
If the map below doesn't work, you can also view this in google maps by clicking here.
Scroll down below the map to see some stats on the race
Some stats on the race for city council:
- 103 people are registered to run for 48 spots on council
- 10 for mayor and 93 for councillor
- 25 of 45ish incumbents have registered
- 5 wards have no candidates
- 1 ward has 7 candidates
This week we are expecting to see many more people register to run for Toronto city council and the school board. We may even see some candidates who recently ran (and lost) in the provincial election put their names forward.
With Doug Ford as Premier the Toronto District School Board elections are arguably more important than ever. We need a progressive team of school board trustees to fend off Ford’s agenda for our schools.
So far, 36 candidates have registered to run for TDSB Trustee to fill the 22 spots on the school board. This includes 5 incumbent trustees. Two of the TDSB wards do not have any candidates (yet).
Below is a map of the new TDSB wards
As you know, in this election we will be working to get new progressive champions elected in key city council and school board races across Toronto.
Are you committed to electing a progressive city council and school board? Commit to vote for progress and we will make sure you know the progressive champions to support and where, when, and how you can vote: progresstoronto.ca/yes
Over the coming weeks and months we will:
- Build our progressive voting bloc in the city - progresstoronto.ca/yes
- Survey you to help define our top priorities going into this election
- Determine the wards we will focus on and launch our process for choosing candidates
- Choose the progressive candidates we’ll be supporting after the City’s registration closes
The City officially closes candidate registration for city council and the school board on July 27, 2018. You can find out which candidates have already registered to run in your ward here: myvote.toronto.ca